We are a congregation of all ages and diverse gifts, united by faith in Jesus Christ and committed to living out the Good News of his love in word and action. We are a congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA).
OUR VISION STATEMENT
Trusting that all belong to God. Living like we belong to one another.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
We are a congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA),
called by God,
redeemed by Jesus Christ,
sustained by the Holy Spirit,
seeking to grow in faith and Christian discipleship.
PHPC is a welcoming family of faith,
seeking unity as we follow Christ,
loving and supporting each other and
serving those in need within and beyond our community of faith.
By the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, all we are and all we do are to the greater glory of God.
In 1948, eight hardy souls met with Presbytery officials about starting a new church somewhere in the grassy fields found north of Northwest Highway.
On October 20, 1949, Preston Hollow Presbyterian Church was established and called the Rev. Robert (Manny) Douglass as its first pastor.
In January of 1950, charter membership for PHPC was completed with 109 signers. Within the first year, church membership reached 223. Services were held at the Texas Country Day School, now St. Mark’s School of Texas.
Prior to all of this, the Presbytery had purchased acreage at Tibbs and Stichter streets to set aside for future churches. The land was given to the new PHPC. However, a group of forward-thinking church members exchanged the original land for an acre at Preston and Aberdeen, seeing it as a better site for the budding church. The first building campaign was launched in 1951 with the extraordinary dedication of our first church members who placed their own homes as guarantees on the mortgage to begin construction.
Now, Preston Hollow Presbyterian Church is one of the largest Presbyterian chuches in Dallas with nearly 3,000 members. We would love to have you join us Sunday! For more information about service times, visit our Worship page.