Beginning in February 2015, PHPC will launch an exciting new five week Marriage Preparation Class, replacing the old format. In the new format, the class will be offered on five consecutive Sundays evenings from 5-6:30 p.m. and will be taught by PHPC member, licensed psychologist, and ordained PC(USA) minister, Dr. Bill Edwards.
Couples will continue to learn practical tools that sustain healthy life-long partnerships, while using a research based approach to explore foundational skills ingreater depth. The extended format will also add time for nurturing friendships with other couples and with the church.
Additionally, Bill brings the professional expertise necessary to help couples tackle the full range of spiritual and psychological dimensions necessary for marriage preparation.
The class is open to all engaged couples in the church and community, and is required for all couples being married by a PHPC pastor.
To register for the course, click here.
- The course will take place over five consecutive Sundays.
- While the seminar is required for all couples getting married at PHPC, it is open to any engaged couple.
- The $120 cost includes materials, refreshments, and lunch.
- The seminars are held on Saturdays in Jubilee Hall at Preston Hollow Presbyterian Church. They begin at 5 p.m and conclude by 6:30 p.m.
- The seminar qualifies for the State-recognized TwoGether in Texas program. Couples who complete the class and the Prepare/Enrich counseling will receive a certificate enlisting them to a discount on the cost of their marriage license.
Five Week Sessions:
Introduction and Communication Danger Signs
Communication Skills- How to Talk Tough Topics
Hidden Issues and Fun and Friendship; PHPC Pastors talk Marriage and Faith
Expectations and Solving Problems
Ground Rules and Commitment; Voices of Experience Panel
Seminar Dates and Registration Deadlines:
February 8-March 8, 2015
September 13-October 11, 2015
For more information about the next Marriage Preparation Seminar and to register for the course, click here or please contact our Wedding Administrator, Dawn Hall, at email@example.com or (214) 368-6348, ext. 150.