Current Volunteer Needs
Interfaith Housing Coalition Needs Furniture Donations
Interfaith Housing Coalition recently moved in 18 new families and has graduated a total of 12 families. With all of this transition, they are in desperate need of furniture in good condition (not stained or broken): couches/sofas, small dining tables and chairs, dressers, and chests of drawers. Interfaith is able to pick up large furniture items from areas bordered by George Bush (HWY 190) on the north, 635 on the east, I-20 on the south, and Loop 12 on the west. Furniture and other items are picked up on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. when you schedule and appointment. To schedule a pick-up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, day-time phone number, the address of your pick-up, and items you have for pick-up.
Epiphany Program Volunteer Needs
Epiphany at PHPC is for youth (16+) and adults with special needs. An important aspect of Epiphany is to offer activities and enrichment programs that help develop social skills and independence. Volunteers are needed to: lead and shepherd during Sunday School; assist and mentor during the Life and Arts program staffed by a Life & Arts coordinator; and serve as chaperones for special activities, such as community dances and field trips. Learn more about Epiphany here.
- Sunday School: Sundays from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. as a Teacher or Shepherd once or twice a month.
- Life and Arts: Sundays from 10:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. once every 4 to 6 weeks, to establish consistency in interactions with participants.
- Special Events: community dances and field trips scheduled throughout the year (a 2 to 3 hour commitment several times a year).
To learn more and to volunteer, please contact DeLane Zipper: email@example.com or call 214-893-7716.
The PHPC staff is working to assist a young immigrant college student in making a life in Dallas. If you have a vacant garage apartment or room(s) in your residence, please contact Rev. Elizabeth McLean at 214-368-6348, ext. 124 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Small Group Ministry Seeking Leaders
This fall PHPC will kick off our Small Group Ministry with the critical first step -- training our small group leaders. Are you interested in leading a small group? For details, time commitment, and more, please contact Rev. Elizabeth McLean at email@example.com.
McShan Elementary School needs
We have adopted McShan Elementary, one of the schools educating the children of the Vickery Meadow neighborhood. This fall opportunities abound for occasional and regular help. For more information about any of these opportunities, please contact Debbie Tunnell (Debbietunnell4@gmail.com) or Dalene Buhl (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Reading Partners: This program trains adults to read with children who are below grade level in their reading proficiency. Partners meet for at least one hour once a week during the school day.
- Classroom Helpers: Teachers often need a second set of hands to work with children in the classroom with basic reading and math. Helpers work in the classroom at least one hour a week during the school day.
- Special Events during the day: These one-time opportunities to help include Teacher Appreciation lunches during the school day, providing snacks for testing days, hosting the end of the year Staff Appreciation Banquet.
- Special Events at night: Several times a year, volunteers are needed to staff Math and Science and Reading Fairs for parents and children. These fairs typically run 2 hours around dinner time.
Angels with Aprons Needs Food Donations
Our Angels with Aprons refrigerator is empty. We are in need of soups, casseroles, veggies, and cookies. Find out more here about Angels with Aprons.
Missions Opportunities with PHPC
Service Opportunities at PHPC
PHPC has many ways for you to get involved with a specific ministry. For more specific information on who to contact, please email email@example.com.
Learn more about hospitality opportunities in this brochure.
Holy Joe's Coffee Bar
Angels with Aprons
visitation and phone teams
Team-Based Ministry Councils
Communications, Evangelism and Membership, Stewardship, Property, the Columbarium, the Table Guild, PHPC Foundation, Community Outreach, Finance, etc.
Elected elders and deacons lead the congregation's ministry through their vision casting and support of ministry teams.
Teaching and support opportunities for children, youth, and adult programs; Friends of the PHPC Library, administrative volunteers, writers, photographers