PHPC has an exciting new four-week marriage preparation class, replacing the old format. In the new format, the class will be offered on four consecutive Sunday evenings from 3-5 p.m. and will be taught by licensed psychologist, and ordained PC(USA) minister, Dr. Bill Edwards.
Couples will continue to learn practical tools that sustain healthy life-long partnerships, while using a research based approach to explore foundational skills in greater depth. The extended format will also add time for nurturing friendships with other couples and with the church.
Additionally, Bill brings the professional expertise necessary to help couples tackle the full range of spiritual and psychological dimensions necessary for marriage preparation.
The class is open to all engaged couples in the church and community, and is required for all couples being married by a PHPC pastor.
- The course will take place over four consecutive Sundays.
- While the seminar is required for all couples getting married at PHPC, it is open to any engaged couple.
- The $120 cost includes materials and refreshments.
- The seminars are held on Sundays in Jubilee Hall at Preston Hollow Presbyterian Church. They begin at 3 p.m and conclude by 5 p.m.
- The seminar qualifies for the State-recognized TwoGether in Texas program. Couples who complete the class and the Prepare/Enrich counseling will entitle couples to a discount on their marriage license in the State of Texas.