Thank you, PHPC, for your incredible generosity during our October Coat Drive!
Our friends and partners at North Dallas Shared Ministries (NDSM) are grateful that their clothing closet is now stocked for the season ahead.
Earlier this year, when PHPC member Karen Smith and I were thinking of planning a coat drive for NDSM, we couldn’t have predicted that October would bring temperatures 40 degrees colder than your average October in Dallas.
The chillier than usual weather was a startling reminder of what sparked this idea in the first place:
- Each winter, NDSM has more requests for coats than they have to give.
- In January, two Dallas residents died due to freezing temperatures.
For 35 years, NDSM has been committed to being the outreach center on behalf of congregations across North Texas. PHPC joins 52 other communities of faith in extending our gifts and resources to individuals and families in need of material support.
In additional to its food pantry and clothing closet, NDSM offers free medical and dental services, behavioral health care, job counseling, English classes, and financial assistance for residents across Dallas County.
How You Can Help
- Through your annual commitment to PHPC, the annual mission budget supports NDSM’s incredible ministry!
- Donations of clothing, nonperishable food, and financial support are accepted all year.
- Volunteer once or regularly. NDSM’s volunteer team allows program funds and resources to be directed to people across our communities.
For more information, please contact Rev. Kathy Lee-Cornell,