Welcome to Preston Hollow Presbyterian Church! We are so glad that your faith journey has led you here. We know that visiting a church can be an intimidating thing, so here is a list of frequently asked questions. Don’t hesitate to reach out if we can support you!
What values will I see present in the youth program?
• All belong. No exceptions.
• Ask the hard question. Faith and doubt go hand in hand, so don’t avoid wrestling with it.
• Be real. No filters or resumes are needed here.
• Be present. Phones are for another time.
• Include others.
• Be good stewards- no food waste, and no resource waste, whenever possible.
What schools are represented in the youth program?
Our students come from all over the Dallas area. We have students from nearby schools, such as Greenhill, Ursuline Academy, Hockaday, Jesuit, and St. Marks. We also have students at Highland Park High School, as well as the Richardson, Plano and Frisco school districts. Part of what we love about our program is how diverse it is. There is always room for you.
Is this community open and affirming?
Yes! We believe that all people are made in the image of God, and we celebrate each person’s God-given identity and call. We are constantly striving to ensure that all youth- regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, learning style, or ability- feel loved, at home, and safe in our space.
What leadership opportunities exist for youth?
Youth are regularly invited to serve as readers in worship (both in the sanctuary services and in the youth house). Every year we ordain youth to serve as elders and deacons, and we lean on our senior high youth to serve as small group leaders every September at the Junior High retreat!
To register for confirmation, please e-mail Kaleb Money or Grace Andrade at or .
What should I wear?
Dress in the youth house is casual. Come in whatever makes you feel comfortable!
Can we get coffee?
kaleb and Grace are available each week for coffee and face-to-face get togethers! We would love to get to know you, so don’t hesitate to reach out!!
What if I’m not baptized?
No matter where you are in your faith journey, you are welcome here. Whether you are simply curious and exploring your faith, or if you’ve been raised in the church and can’t get enough of it- we have a spot for you! For those who are specifically curious about membership or baptism, we encourage you to reach out to Jeannie Corbitt ( ). There are opportunities for baptism every month, as well as membership opportunities four times a year.
What are some of the best youth traditions?
There are so many wonderful elements to the PHPC Youth program! Some of our favorite traditions have included the every-other year youth musical, our Summer Queso Tour, summer trips, the senior high spring break trip, Christmas lock-ins, and fall retreats!
Where is the Youth House located?
The youth house is a freestanding building located in the back parking lot. You can identify it by the large front porch with rocking chairs, and the gold “Youth House” sign over the front door. Park anywhere you want! There is a handicap-accessible entrance around the Walnut Hill side of the building.
What does worship on Sundays look like for youth?
Sunday mornings, youth are invited to the youth house for the Extra Hour from 9:00-10:00AM for donuts, fellowship, and small groups. Sunday evenings, we have Worship in the House from 6:00-8:00PM. Worship in the House is a unique worship service, designed specifically for youth (7th- 12th grade). You can expect 2-3 songs led by the band, a scripture passage and theme for each week, plus some communal liturgy (Call to worship, passing of the peace, etc).
Can parents come to Worship in the House?
Parents will be invited once a semester to join us for a family Worship in the House! Those dates will be shared in our weekly newsletters.
We like to worship as a family. Is worship in the house a deterrent to that?
Worship in the House is different from any other worship service at PHPC, with its own sermon themes, so we also encourage youth to check out our 10:30AM Sanctuary and 9:00AM Founder’s Hall services! Going to other service will provide youth the opportunity to experience intergenerational worship, hear other pastors preach, listen to the choir, and sing along!
How can I support the youth program?
It takes a village to raise a child. If you are interested in giving back, we’d love your support! Here are five simple ways to give back: • Provide a Sunday night dinner for Worship in the House • Sunday morning donuts for the Extra Hour • Volunteer as a confirmation sponsor or a youth chaperone • Chaperone a youth trip • Give monetarily to the youth program, supporting new ministry initiatives and/or student scholarships. E-mail Kaleb Money or Grace Andrade if you would like to volunteer!
Preston Hollow Presbyterian Church has an active and vibrant youth group, and we want you to be a part of it! Interested in Sunday morning fellowship? Join us at the Extra Hour from 9-10AM! Needing some free time to relax? Come to Wednesday Basketball nights 7-8:30PM (or hang-out in the Youth House). Love music? Join the youth worship band! Want a space to worship with your peers? Join us for Sunday night Worship in the House from 6-8PM! Whatever your interests are, we have room for you. E-mail Kaleb at or Grace at !
- Extra Hour: Sunday Mornings in the youth house, 9:00-10:00 am for those in 7th through 12th grade! This is a special Sunday morning time for donuts and coffee, fellowship, and small groups. We will provide opportunities for games, artful expressions, and discussions. This is when confirmation will happen. Small groups will be developed as the school year progresses.
- Worship in the House: WITH is a unique worship time offering designed specifically for teenagers (7th- 12th grade)! All youth are invited to gather in the youth house at 6:00 pm every Sunday evening of the school year. As you enter you will be invited to make a name tag and visit with friends. Worship is led by the youth band and our youth team every week, so come ready to sing, learn and hang out. We’d love to have you there.
- Wednesday night Basketball: There is no better mid-week pick-me up than some basketball. You are invited to come play basketball in the church gym with Kaleb or come hang out at the youth house with Grace! Snacks provided and friends abound. This lasts from 7-8:30 pm.
- The Front Porch News Weekly Newsletter: Our weekly e-news update. E-mail Grace Andrade ( ) or Kaleb Money ( ) to add your name to the list!
- Text Reminders: We send out a text through Clubtexting with upcoming reminders. If you would like to sign up for these texts, e-mail Grace or Kaleb. You can unsubscribe at any time, by replying with the word “stop."
- Instagram: Follow us on Instagram @phpcyouth for weekly photos and live event stories.
- PHPC Youth! Facebook Group: This group is designed for parents and youth alike. Here you will find photos, links to the newsletters, and event invitations!
You can find this information and even more at: https://linktr.ee/phpcyouth
Youth Summer Intern
Each summer we hire a college student to serve as a youth summer intern! The summer intern works alongside the youth team to offer meaningful programming and help build relationships. If you are interested in growing in your faith, giving back to the church, or exploring a call to ministry- this position is for you! Applications open in January of each year. Please reach out to Kaleb at or Grace at with questions.
Confirmation is a season of communal faith development and exploration, designed to help us articulate what it is that we believe. At Preston Hollow Presbyterian Church, we invite all rising 9th graders to join together in the confirmation experience each fall, as we wrestle with questions such as “Who is God?,” “What does it mean to be a Presbyterian?,” and “What is grace?” To register for confirmation, please e-mail Kaleb Money at .